CTAN has a new package: word-to-latex

CTAN Announcements ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Sun Oct 29 02:26:57 CEST 2006

Please note that I mislocated the package (my apologies, Michal).  It
should be in support/word-to-latex .  The old location will still work
for a few days only, while this message gets out.

Sorry,
Jim Hefferon
Saint Michael's College

> The following information was provided by our fellow contributor:
>
> Name of contribution: word-to-latex
> Author's name: Michal Kebrt
> Location on CTAN: /tools/word-to-latex
Correct location: support/word-to-latex

> Summary description: Convert documents written in Microsoft Word into
>   LaTeX and XML format
> License type: nosource
>
> Announcement text:
> Word-to-LaTeX (Word-to-XML; two names for the  same program :-)) is
> a program for converting documents written in Microsoft Word into
> LaTeX and XML format (additional formats can be easily added through
> the configuration). Word-to-LaTeX runs only on Windows with Microsoft
> Word installed.  This is the first public release of Word-to-LaTeX
> (Word-to-XML) convertor.

The correct link for package is
   http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/word-to-latex
.  More information will be at
   http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=word-to-latex
(if the package is new it may take a day for that information to
appear).  We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .