CTAN update: BaKoMa TeX 7.70 - TeXWord improvements.

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Tue Sep 12 15:56:58 CEST 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, BaKoMa submitted an update to the

  bakoma

package.

Location on CTAN: systems/win32/bakoma
License: shareware

 > Most noticeable improvements (in short):
 >
 >    * Smart handling of SPACE in preview/proof window.
 >    * independent key binding for text and math mode.
 >       I.e. Ctrl+F inserts \textsf or \frac.
 >    * More reasonable saving multi-file documents.
 >    * Save As Template helps to customize template set.
 >    * Go To Line (source context menu)
 >    * Handling TeX generated files as READONLY for edit.
 >    * Added Arabi package to ArabTeX.bkz unit.
 >      Work around for displaying Arabic fonts included.
 >    * Updated PSCyr in Russian.bkz unit.
 >    * Fixed bugs in PS interpreter.
 >
 > More details about changes and another bug fixing see at:
 >
 > <http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/win32/bakoma/programs/changes7.html
 >
 > -------------------- About BaKoMa TeX 7.70 ------------------
 >
 > BaKoMa TeX 7.70 supports two coexisting IDE:
 >    1) BaKoMa TeX Word - True WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor.
 >    2) Text Editor + DVI Viewer - Classical IDE.
 >
 > About BaKoMa TeX Word.
 >
 > BaKoMa TeX Word is True WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor.
 >
 >    The word `True' is used to highlight two following
 > facts:
 >
 >    1) It is True WYSIWYG Editor.
 >       It means that display shows precisely the same
 >      what will be printed. It looks such that you edit
 >      your document immediately in Preview Window.
 >    2) It is True LaTeX Editor.
 >        It edits LaTeX source text without any
 >        import/export procedure. It means that
 >        you can load and edit any LaTeX 2e document.
 >
 >    BaKoMa TeX Word is built on top of BaKoMa TeX
 >    graphic engine and consequently it inherits all features
 >    of BaKoMa TeX related with import graphics,
 >    font support, and document export.
 >
 >    It supports processors:
 >       (1) Standard TeX and (2) e-TeX.
 >       Other processors such as Omega may be added in future.
 >
 >    It imports:
 >         EPS, PDF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PCX,
 >         MSP, BMP, WMF, EMF, FIG, HPGL, and DXY.
 >    It supports fonts:
 >         OpenType (OTF/TTF), TrueType, PostScript Type1 (including MM),
 >         PostScript Type 3, and TeX PK/VF.
 >    It exports:
 >         DVI, PDF, SVG, PS, PNG (with HTML wrapper), and HTML (TeX4HT).
 >
 >    It includes built-in PostScript interpreter accessible via DVIPS
 >    compatible special interface that supports such macro packages as:
 >       PSTricks, PSFrag, graphics (psfig), draftcopy,
 >       PowerDot, Prosper, Beamer, etc.
 >
 >    Most important application of BaKoMa TeX Word is
 >       final step corrections of LaTeX papers before publishing.
 >
 >    Editing slides in WYSIWYG interface
 >       (with such packages as PowerDot, Prosper, Beamer, etc.)
 >       is another impressive feature of `BaKoMa TeX Word'.
 >
 >    Beginner users of LaTeX may consider TeXWord as
 >       good start point for learning LaTeX together with writing papers.
 >
 >    TeXWord is transparent for cooperation.
 >       TeXWord don't use additional macro packages.
 >       So that documents made with TeXWord may be compiled
 >       in any LaTeX setup without any adaptation.
 >       In other side, TeXWord can handle arbitrary LaTeX documents.
 >       So, that your coleagues may even don't know that you use
> [...]

More information is at
   http://tug.ctan.org/info/?id=bakoma
(if the package is new it may take a day for that information to
appear).  We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .

Thanks for the update.

For the CTAN Team