CTAN package update: biblatex 0.3
ctan-ann at dante.de
Sun Sep 24 22:11:16 CEST 2006
Philipp Lehman writes:
> I've uploaded `biblatex.tar.gz' to the incoming directory of the UK
> node. This is an update for macros/latex/exptl/biblatex.
i've installed the files as requested; i will update the catalogue
just as soon as i find the catalogue server has returned to the land
of the living :-(
meanwhile, users may browse the package by way of the old catalogue
thanks for the update,
For the CTAN team
> The biblatex package is a complete reimplementation of the
> bibliographic facilities provided by LaTeX in conjunction with
> BibTeX. It redesigns the way in which LaTeX interacts with BibTeX at
> a fairly fundamental level. With biblatex, BibTeX is only used to
> sort the bibliography and to generate labels. Instead of being
> implemented in BibTeX's style files, the formatting of the
> bibliography is entirely controlled by TeX macros. Good working
> knowledge in LaTeX should be sufficient to design new bibliography
> and citation styles. There is no need to learn BibTeX's postfix
> stack language. Just like the bibliography styles, all citation
> commands may be freely (re)defined.
> RELEASE NOTES
> See the file `RELEASE' for release notes.
> * Renamed citation style `authortitle' to `authortitle-terse'
> * Renamed citation style `authortitle-comp' to `authortitle-cterse'
> * Renamed citation style `authortitle-verb' to `authortitle'
> * Added new citation style `authortitle-comp'
> * Citation style `traditional' now supports `loc. cit.'
> * Added package option `date'
> * Added package option `urldate'
> * Introduced new data type: literal lists
> * Renamed \citename to \citeauthor
> * Renamed \citelist to \citename
> * Added new \citelist command
> * Renamed \printlist to \printnames
> * Added new \printlist command
> * Renamed \indexlist to \indexnames
> * Added new \indexlist command
> * Renamed \DeclareListFormat to \DeclareNameFormat
> * Added new \DeclareListFormat command
> * Renamed \DeclareListAlias to \DeclareNameAlias
> * Added new \DeclareListAlias command
> * Renamed \DeclareIndexListFormat to \DeclareIndexNameFormat
> * Added new \DeclareIndexListFormat command
> * Renamed \DeclareIndexListAlias to \DeclareIndexNameAlias
> * Added new \DeclareIndexListAlias command
> * Renamed \biblist to \thename
> * Added new \thelist command
> * Renamed \bibfield to \thefield
> * Renamed \savelist to \savename
> * Added new \savelist command
> * Renamed \savelistcs to \savenamecs
> * Added new \savelistcs command
> * Renamed \iflistundef to \ifnameundef
> * Added new \iflistundef test
> * Renamed \iflistsequal to \ifnamesequal
> * Added new \iflistsequal test
> * Renamed \iflistequals to \ifnameequals
> * Added new \iflistequals test
> * Renamed \iflistequalcs to \ifnameequalcs
> * Added new \iflistequalcs test
> * Renamed \iflistequalstr to \ifnameequalstr
> * Added new \iflistequalstr test
> * Renamed \ifcurrentlist to \ifcurrentname
> * Added new \ifcurrentlist test
> * Entry type alias `conference' now resolved by BibTeX
> * Entry type alias `mastersthesis' now resolved by BibTeX
> * Entry type alias `phdthesis' now resolved by BibTeX
> * Entry type alias `techreport' now resolved by BibTeX
> * Entry type alias `www' now resolved by BibTeX
> * Added new custom fields `lista' through `listf'
> * Changed data type of `location'
> * Changed data type of `origlocation'
> * Changed data type of `publisher'
> * Changed data type of `institution'
> * Changed data type of `organization'
> * Modified values of `gender' field for `jurabib' compatibility
> * Modified and extended `idem...' keys for `jurabib' compatibility
> * Improved \addtocategory
> * Removed formatting command \mkshorthand
> * Added field formatting directive `shorthandwidth'
> * Added documentation of \shorthandwidth
> * Removed formatting command \mklabelnumber
> * Added field formatting directive `labelnumberwidth'
> * Added documentation of \labelnumberwidth
> * Removed formatting command \mklabelalpha
> * Added field formatting directive `labelalphawidth'
> * Added documentation of \labelalphawidth
> * Renamed \bibitem to \thebibitem
> * Renamed \lositem to \thelositem
> * Modified \AtBeginBibliography
> * Added \AtBeginShorthands
> * Added \AtEveryLositem
> * Extended `showkeys' compatibility to list of shorthands
> * Added compatibility code for the `hyperref' package
> * Added package option `hyperref'
> * Added package option `backref'
> * Added special field `pageref'
> * Added command \ifhyperref
> * Added command \bibhyperlink
> * Added field formatting directive `bibhyperlink'
> * Renamed \ifandothers to \ifmorenames
> * Added new \ifandothers test
> * Removed field `moreauthor'
> * Removed field `morebookauthor'
> * Removed field `moreeditor'
> * Removed field `morelabelname'
> * Removed field `moretranslator'
> * Removed field `morenamea'
> * Removed field `morenameb'
> * Removed field `morenamec'
> * Updated documentation at various places
> (see the changelog in biblatex.pdf for pointers)
> * Expanded documentation
> (see the changelog in biblatex.pdf for pointers)
> * Modified internal BibTeX interface
> * Fixed some typos in the manual
> * Fixed some bugs
More information about the Ctan-ann