CTAN update: BibTeX documentation and FAQ

CTAN Announcements ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Thu Jan 11 15:05:45 CET 2007

The material below has been updated on tug.ctan.org and should soon be at your
favorite mirror.

Jim Hefferon
Saint Michael's College

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor:

Name of contribution: BibTeX documentation and FAQ
Author's name: Michael Shell
Location on CTAN: /biblio/bibtex/contrib/doc/
Summary description: The standard BibTeX documentation and a FAQ in PDF format.
License type: lppl

I am pleased to announce the release of a new BibTeX Tips and FAQ
document on CTAN:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/biblio/bibtex/contrib/doc/

(as btxFAQ.pdf).

Originally based on a 1998 post to comp.text.tex, "Do we need a BibTeX FAQ?" by David Hoadley, I've added a lot of material to cover the types of problems most frequently encountered by BibTeX users.

The BibTeX Tips and FAQ is not intended to replace the existing BibTeX
literature, but rather to complement them:

 1. Oren Patashnik's "BibTeXing"
 2. Nicolas Markey's "Tame the BeaST  ---  The B to X of BibTeX"
 3. Ki-Joo Kim's "A BibTeX Guide via Examples"
 4. Robin Fairbairns' "The TeX FAQ"
 5. Helge Kreutzmann's "How to Efficiently Use BibTeX"

and to help direct readers to these other sources of information for a
more in depth treatment of the topics at hand.

I sincerely hope that BibTeX users will find it to be of help.

  Enjoy!

  Michael Shell

This material is located at
   http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/biblio/bibtex/contrib/doc/