CTAN package update: Eplain 3.2 release

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Wed Nov 28 19:32:46 CET 2007

Oleg Katsitadze has provided a package which has been mirrored,
automatically, to CTAN.  He writes:

I'm happy to announce a new release of Eplain (3.2), a set of TeX
macros that expands on and extends the definitions in plain TeX in a
"style-neutral" fashion.  Eplain's home page is

Location on CTAN is

The manual is available on-line from Eplain's home, or as a hard-copy

(Royalties are donated to the TeX Users Group.)

Here's an excerpt from the NEWS file.

* Fixed a bug which caused silent indexing macros to output spurious
  space in vertical mode.
* Added a switch to disable index file input/output.
* Fixed xref and bibliography label definition macros so that reading
  in a .aux file with a large number of label definitions does not
  overflow the save stack.
* Fixed double-column macros -- they were occasionally losing material
  and producing columns too high to fit on a page.  Also improved
  appearance of the last column, which often came out spaced out.

I've updated the catalogue, and the new version should be widely
available by now.  Users may view the catalogue entry at
or browse the distribution at

Thanks for the continuing support of the package, Oleg.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team