New CTAN package --- memoir class v1.61803 beta

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Fri Apr 25 19:25:54 CEST 2008

Peter Wilson wrote:

>     I have uploaded memoir161803beta.tar.gz to UK incoming. This is a
> beta version of the next (final?) release of the memoir class. I don't
> know where it should go as I think that it must not replace the
> current memoir collection but be available for those who want to try
> it out.

i have placed the submission on the latex experimental tree, at

  macros/latex/exptl/memoir-beta

when we have the final version, we can erase that location (or redirect
it to memoir "proper").

>     This version incorporates all the current patches, and provides a
> few new facilities, especially an extended range of pt size
> options. The manual is heavily revised and includes all the material
> that was in the Addendum, and more. Users should read the README
> before printing the manual.
>
> I hope to release the real version before I leave the US (soon).  I
> would like to hear of any problems, which can either be emailed  to me
> (herries dot press (at) earthlink dot net) or preferably sent to the
> comp.text.tex newsgroup. I am unlikely to have time to respond
> individually but I will collect all responses.

i have installed the package as indicated above, and created an entry in
the catalogue.  i believe the location is sufficiently different from
that of the original package that one hopes it won't be a source of
confusion.

users may view the catalogue entry at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/memoir-beta.html
or browse the package directory at