CTAN package update: mathtex

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 11:19:40 CET 2008

John Forkosh writes:

>  + what you've uploaded
>       mathtex.zip
>            to replace support/mathtex/mathtex.zip
>  + which CTAN node you've uploaded to
>       ftp.tex.ac.uk
>  + where you want the files to go
>       support/mathtex
>           (The existing README file in support/mathtex
>            has changed.  Please replace that copy with
>            the updated copy in mathtex.zip.)
>  + what licensing conditions you apply to your software
>       GNU GPL
>  + brief summary of what your upload is intended to do.
>     o Changes since CTAN version 1.00 released in Oct, 2007:
>     o 11 Oct 2007 -- optional \usepackage[arg]{package} argument
>       now recognized correctly (initial release neglected to
>       handle optional [arg] following \usepackage).
>     o 12 Oct 2007 -- html &#nnn; now translated during preprocessing,
>       e.g., &#091 or [ becomes [ (left square bracket) before
>       it's submitted to latex.
>     o 12 Oct 2007 -- special mathTeX directives like \time
>       are now checked for proper command termination, i.e., non-alpha
>       character.  (In particular, LaTeX \times had been incorrectly
>       interpreted as mathTeX \time followed by an s.)
>     o 12 Oct 2007 -- url "unescape" translation, i.e.,
>       %20-to-blank, etc, repeated (done twice) for
>       <form> input.  (I'm not sure why this is necessary,
>       and can't reproduce the problem myself, but am acting
>       on seemingly reliable reports.)
>     o 20 Oct 2007 -- removed leading and trailing pairs of $$...$$'s
>       from input expressions, interpreting $...$ as \textstyle and
>       $$...$$ as \displaystyle (and $$$...$$$ as \parstyle).
>       Also removed leading and trailing \[...\], interpreting it
>       as \displaystyle.  (Note: \displaystyle is mathTeX's default,
>       so $$...$$'s or \[...\] are unnecessary.  But some people submit
>       expressions containing them, so they're now interpreted.)
>     o 16 Feb 2008 -- more robust test to display the correct
>       error message when a required dependency isn't installed.
>       (Occasionally, the "ran but failed" message was emitted
>       when a dependency was actually "not installed".)
>     o 16 Feb 2008 --  -DDENYREFERER=\"string\"  or
>       -DDENYREFERER=\"string1,string2,etc\"  compile switch added.
>       If compiled with it, mathTeX won't render images for
>       HTTP_REFERER's containing  string (or string1 or string2, etc)
>       as a substring of their url's.
>     o 17 Feb 2008 -- updated (slightly) documentation

Thanks for the upload; i've installed the new version, and updated the
catalogue.

Users may view the catalogue entry at
  http://mirror.ctan.org/help/Catalogue/entries/mathtex.html
or they may view the package directory at
  http://mirror.ctan.org/support/mathtex/
(which directory contains the zip file to download