CTAN Update: Version 2.00 of TikZ/pgf

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Fri Feb 22 21:22:17 CET 2008

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Till Tantau submitted version 2.0 of the

  TikZ/pgf

package to CTAN.

PGF is a macro package for creating graphics.  It is platform- and
format-independent and works together with the most important TeX backend
drivers, including pdftex and dvips. It comes with a user-friedly syntax layer
called TikZ.

Location on CTAN: /graphics/pgf/base
License: lppl

Release notes:
 > This new version of the TikZ and pgf graphic packages comes with a
 > large number of new features, too numerous to list them all. Hilights
 > are Mark Wibrow's decoration library, Mark's new shapes, the improved
 > notations for doing geometric drawings, fadings (the transparency
 > version of shadings), easy shadows, improved support for systems like
 > xetex, as well as countless bugfixes.
 >
 > This version *may break existing code* (hence the big version step).
 > We tried to make sure that 99% of all code will still work exactly as
 > it did before and all larger documents that the developers and some
 > volunteers tried still look exactly as they did before, but there a
 > number of places where unavoidable changes had to be done. Known
 > changes that break existing code:
 >
 > - There was a bug in the diamond shape that caused it to be twice as
 > large as the minimum size required. This has been fixed. However, if
 > you code relied on the wrong minimum size handling, your diamond
 > shapes will now be too small.
 >
 > - Snakes are now handled by decorations internally. While this offers
 > endless new possibilities, you are no longer allowed to use negative
 > values with the after snake gap option. The documentation did neither
 > explicitly allow nor forbid this, so some people may have used this.
 >
 > - The basic layer has been restructured. Some things moved into the
 > core, other stuff moved into something new, called modules.
 > Typically, you will not notice this at all, but it is imaginable that
 > you may need to include a different library or module, now, to
 > compile your code.
 >

 > Also note that the PDF-file of the manual has moved to a less obscure
 > location: It is now at .../doc/generic/pgf/pgfmanual.pdf (and no
 > longer at .../doc/generic/pgf/version-for-pdftex/en/...)
 >

 > Happy TeXing everyone,
 > Till

This package is located at
   http://mirror.ctan.org//graphics/pgf/base
.  More information is at
   http://tug.ctan.org/info/?id=pgf
(if the package is new it may take a day for that information to
appear).  We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .