CTAN has a new package: PST-Cox

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Tue Feb 26 14:57:12 CET 2008

The package below has been installed on tug.ctan.org and should soon be
at your favorite mirror.

Thank you,
Jim Hefferon
Saint Michael's College

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor:

Name of contribution: PST-Cox
Author's name: Jean-Gabriel Luque
Location on CTAN: /graphics/pstricks/contrib
Summary description: Drawing regular complex polytopes with PSTricks
License type: lgpl

 We have wrote a new package for PSTricks for drawing 2 dimensional
projection of complex regular polyopes (after the work of Coxeter).

The package consists in a library of macro for drawing the
projections. The complex polytopes appears in the study of the roots
systems and play a crucial role in many domains related to
mathematics and physics. These polytopes have been completely
described by Coxeter in his book "Regular Complex Polytopes". there
exist only a finite numbers of exceptional regular complex polytopes
(for example the ikos\ae dron) and some infinite series (for
example, one can construct multi-dimensional analogous of the
hypercube in any -finite- dimension). The library contains two
packages. The first, pst-coxcoor, is devoted to the exceptional
complex regular polytopes whose coordinates have been pre-computed.
The second,  pst-coxeterp, is devoted to the infinite series.

One can find also other informations in the beautiful page of
Jean-Michel Sarlat:
http://melusine.eu.org/syracuse/pstricks/pst-cox/

To contact me, use the email given in the documentation of the
package.

best wishes

Jean-gabriel Luque

This package is located at
   http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-cox
.  More information is at
   http://tug.ctan.org/pkg/pst-cox
(if the package is new it may take a day for that information to
appear).  We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .