New CTAN package --- AroundTheBend

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Fri Jul 25 23:58:33 CEST 2008

Peter Wilson wrote:

>     I have uploaded AroBend.tar.gz to UK incoming. The contents should
> go into the /info directory, possibly /info/aro-bend.
>
> From the README:
>
>     For several years in the early nineties the late Michael Downes
> presented a series of TeX macro programming challenges he called
> Around the Bend. These are archived on CTAN in /info/aro-bend as 18
> pairs of ASCII files called exercise.* and answer.*.
>
>     I have been presumptuous and taken the liberty of putting them all
> into a single document, AroundTheBend.pdf, which might be more
> accessible than the individual postings that form the original
> archive. I have also included three challenges, namely nos. 19, 20 and
> 21 that have not made it into the archive.
>
>     If Michael were still with us I imagine that he would have put no
> particular restrictions on his work. With this in mind,
> AroundTheBend.tex and AroundTheBend.pdf are under the LPPL.

i have installed your rather nice looking bundle in the CTAN directory
info/challenges/AroBend (and in parallel moved Mike's original stuff to
info/challenges/aro-bend, though the old directory name for aro-bend
remains available for the time being).

i've also catalogued the new package.  thanks for the upload.

users may view the (meagre) catalogue entry at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/around-the-bend.html
or browse the package directory at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/info/challenges/AroBend/