CTAN package update --- memoir class v1.61803

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Mon Jun 2 01:17:32 CEST 2008

Peter Wilson wrote:

>     I have uploaded memoir161803.tar.gz to UK incoming. Please use the
> appropriate contents to replace the current
> macros/latex/contrib/memoir. I have also included a tds.tar.gz which
> hopefully presents everything laid out as a tds tree, but please ckeck
> this. The distribution is under the LPPL.
>
>     From the README:
> Memoir is a flexible class for typesetting poetry, fiction,
> non-fiction and mathematical works as books, reports, articles or
> manuscripts. Documents can use 9pt, 10pt, 11pt, 12pt, 14pt or 17pt as
> the normal fontsize and, if you have scalable fonts, 20pt, 25pt, 30pt,
> 36pt, 48pt or 60pt sizes, or any other size. Many methods are provided
> to let you create your particular design. The class incorporates over
> 30 of the more popular packages.
>
> Changes (2008/05/27)
> ** Memoir class v1.61803 released incorporating all patches since the
> last major release in 2005/09/25 and also all comments about
> v1.61803beta. Major additions are extended, or arbitrary, document
> font sizes and provision of several styles of section headings.
> ** User Manual (memman) edition 7 released matching v1.61803,
> incorporating the contents of the Addendum. The part on typography has
> been extended and a glossary of memoir's commands and environments has
> been added.
> ** There is no Addendum to the Manual.
> ** New (empty) version of mempatch.sty
>

>     This will be the last release for a considerable period of
> time. After 25 years in the USA we are moving back to the UK where
> there are grandchildren. The process will probably involve about 6
> months in LaTeX limbo. (My definition of `considerable period' may
> imply decades.)
>
>     If you have questions please ask them on the comp.text.tex
> newsgroup where you are likely to get more, better, and faster answers
> than contacting me directly.

i have installed the update, and updated the catalogue.  thanks for the
upload.

users may view the catalogue entry at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/memoir.html
or browse the package directory at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/memoir/

note that the catalogue entry will be updated on the wqeb overnight --
it's not quite up-to-date at the time of writing.