CTAN package update: footmisc

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Mon Jun 16 15:37:32 CEST 2008

i have installed a slightly revised version of my footmisc package on
the archive.

changes are:
 -- the long standing complaint about \@makecol "not matching" has been
    resolved
 -- users may change the value of \footnotelayout using \renewcommand
    (previously they had to use \def)

i have taken this opportunity to make the package's licence information
"correct" (as in its layout).

having completed this (essentially bookkeeping) version, i hope to get
around to a new version incorporating suggestions submitted by other
users.  unfortunately my timetable this year has got somewhat awry, for
health reasons.

the package's catalogue entry may be reviewed at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/footmisc.html
or the package directory may be browsed at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/footmisc/