CTAN has a new package: Hyphenation Patterns in UTF-8

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Sun Jun 22 17:01:44 CEST 2008

Please note that the location of this package has been changed to
language/hyph-utf8 (and the package identifier has changed also).

Thank you,
Jim Hefferon
Saint Michael's College

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor:

Name of contribution: Hyphenation Patterns in UTF-8
Author's name: Jonathan Kew, Mojca Miklavec, Arthur Reutenauer
Location on CTAN: language/hyph-utf8
Summary description: Hyphenation patterns have been converted into UTF-8 and
 should serve as a replacement for the old patterns without any change in
 functionality. The patterns should be considered upstream replacement
 that will be used in TeX Live and other distrubutions instead of loding
 the old files.
License type: lppl

Native UTF-8 engines such as XeTeX and LuaTeX have urged the need to
provide hyphenation patterns in UTF-8 format.

These patterns should replace the old ones eventually.

This is the first upload to CTAN that will enable testing for
TeX Live 2008 and is not yet set in stone. In particular we still want
to change all the copyright notes in patterns, and add some
documentation.

SVN repository is available on http://www.tug.org/svn/texhyphen.

Bug reports and feature requests welcome.

This package is located at
   http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/language/hyph-utf8
.  More information is at
   http://tug.ctan.org/pkg/hyph-utf8
(if the package is new it may take a day for that information to
appear).  We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .