CTAN package modification --- ledmac, ledpar & ledarab unmaintained

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Wed May 28 23:53:07 CEST 2008

Peter Wilson writes:

>     I have just uploaded ledmac.tar.gz to UK /incoming.  Please use
> this to replace the current macros/latex/contrib/ledmac.
>
>     There are no technical changes to any part of the distribution but
> in the LPPL licenses I have changed "author-maintained" to
> "unmaintained". I have noted the change in the README and that there
> is an opportunity for someone to take over.
>
>     I tried before to find someone willing to take over the
> maintenance of the packages but there were no takers. I can no longer
> maintain them and would be happy for someone else to take over.

I have updated the bundle as suggested, and updated the catalogue to
reflect the new situation.

Users may view the catalogue entries for the packages involved (ledmac,
ledpar and ledarab) at:
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/ledmac.html
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/ledpar.html
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/ledarab.html
or they may browse the distribution directory at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/ledmac/

The catalogue entries will be updated overnight.

Thank you, Peter, for the upload.