New CTAN package: boolexpr

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Thu Jul 30 11:40:24 CEST 2009

that upload daemon is testing my excitement threshold:

> The following information was provided by the package's contributor.
>
> Name of contribution: boolexpr
> Author's name: Florent CHERVET
> Author's email: florent.chervet at free.fr
> Location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/boolexpr/
> Summary description: A purely expandable way to evaluate boolean expressions
> License type: lppl
>
> Announcement text given by the package's contributor:
> The \boolexpr macro evaluate boolean expressions in a purely
> expandable way.
> \boolexpr{ A \OR B \AND C } expands to 0 if the logical
> expression is TRUE.
>  A, B, C may be :
>  - numeric expressions such as:  x=y, x<>y, x>y or: x<y
>  - boolean switches:         \iftrue 0\else 1\fi
>  - conditionals:  \ifcsname whatsit\endcsname 0\else 1\fi
>  - another \boolexpr:         \boolexpr{ D \OR E \AND F }
>
> \boolexpr may be used with \ifcase:
>      \ifcase\boolexpr{ A \OR B \AND C }
>            What to do if true
>      \else
>            What to do if false
>      \fi

i've installed the new package, and created a catalogue entry for it (as
yet, only in the repository).  thanks for the upload (i've printed the
doc to read in bed tonight...).

> Users may view the package catalogue entry at
>   http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/boolexpr.html
> or they may browse the package directory at
>   http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/boolexpr/

of course, the catalogue entry won't appear until the processing has
run.  the only safe assumption is that it will happen overnight.