CTAN update: keycommand

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Mon Apr 19 17:03:09 CEST 2010

the daemon's beginning to sound positively excited:

> The following information was provided by the package's contributor.
>
> Name of contribution: keycommand
> Author's name: Florent CHERVET
> Location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/keycommand
> Summary description: key-value interface for commands and environments
>                      in LaTeX
> License type: lppl
>
> Announcement text given by the package's contributor:
> I realized I made the implementation of
>          \newkeyenvironment+
> before.
> (with run-time expansion as in \newkeycommand+)
>
> Then I tested it and updated the documentation.
>
> Even if the syntax doesn't please to everybody (but who does
> ? May be the Queen of the UK...) I'm a little proud of this
> package.

thanks for this upload also.  i've installed the new version (queen or
no queen) and updated the catalogue entry (without any mention of good
ol' brenda).

> Users may view the package catalogue entry at
>   http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/keycommand.html
> or they may browse the package directory at
>   http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/keycommand

and of course, the change in the catalogue overnight, for this one, will
amount to no more than a slight twitch in the royal net curtains.

(who happens to know that queen brenda is in charge of more than just
the uk [including the isle of man, the channel islands and various other
odd bits and pieces] but nowhere near as much as her father was emperor
of -- we used to have an embarrassingly large empire which has mostly
been dismantled, starting with the independence of india in the year of
my birth.)