CTAN has a new package: ucharclasses

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Tue Dec 21 17:42:01 CET 2010

This should be at your local mirror.

Jim Hef{}feron
Saint Michael's College

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor:

Name of contribution: ucharclasses
Version number: 1.0
Author's name: Michiel Kamermans
Location on CTAN: /macros/xetex/latex/ucharclasses
Summary description: A XeLaTeX package for automatic code insertion between
  unicode blocks, such as automatic font switching for different languages
License type: other-nonfree

This package addresses one of the few features where TeX still has to play catch-up to
word processing programs: automatic font switching for different languages. In fact, it
goes one better than word processing programs and comes with  macros for inserting
arbitrary code between text from different unicode blocks, by making use of XeTeX's little
known "intercharclass" behaviour.

This package is at
   http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/ucharclasses
.  Information is at
   http://tug.ctan.org/pkg/ucharclasses
(it may take a day for the information to appear).  We are supported
by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .  For your users group
see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .