CTAN has a new package: txfontsb

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Sun Jan 17 17:35:27 CET 2010

This should be at your local mirror in a day.

Thanks again,
Jim Hef{}feron
Saint Michael's College

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor:

Name of contribution: txfontsb
Version number: 1.00
Author's name: Antonis Tsolomitis
Summary description: Adds true small caps and oldstyle numbers to txfonts and also
  greek support through Babel, for the Times font, based on GNU Freefont.
License type: gpl

This package requires and extends txfonts in two ways. I adds
true small caps and oldstylenumbers for the latin alphabet
and also
adds Greek support for Times. The glyphs for Greek are
mainly from
the GNU FreeFont. However, there are several modifications
needed to make a type1 font work with Greek in Babel and so
a derivative font has been created. Some kerning information
was also added and the glyph final sigma was scaled to
proper size in the roman font (there is a bug in GNU
FreeFont, final sigma is too big). Greek contains also true
small capitals

This package is located at
   http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/txfontsb
.  More information is at
   http://tug.ctan.org/pkg/txfontsb
(if the package is new it may take a day for that information to
appear).  We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .