corrigendum: elsevier and elsevier-bib packages

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Mon Nov 8 17:34:34 CET 2010

i wrote:

> the elsevier and elsevier-bib packages have been superseded by
> elsarticle.  however, elsevier's web site seems to be accruing updates
> to the obsolete packages, but elsevier seem unwilling to upload newer
> versions to ctan.
>
> the ctan team has therefore deleted both packages, in order to minimise
> confusion.

since posting this message, i have received mail from the relevant
person within elsevier.  he assures me that i was wrong to think that
changes were appearing for the elsevier* packages.

nevertheless, given that the packages are long obsolete, he concurs with
the decision to remove them from ctan.

my apologies are due to elsevier for the misinformation.