New CTAN package: pst-rubans

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Tue Jun 7 21:01:45 CEST 2011

Herbert Voss wrote:

> I uploaded pst-rubans2.tgz to the uk mirror. Please put
> the files into the new directory
> /graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-rubans/
>
> pst-rubans (v.1.20) is a PSTricks related package for
> drawing three dimensional tapes.
>
> the authors are Manuel Luque and Herbert Voß. The license
> is as usual LPPL
>
> pst-rubans is an extension of pst-solides3d which allows to
> draw tapes on a cylinder, torus, sphere, cone and paraboloid.
> The width of the ribbon, the number of turns, the color of
> the outer and the inner surface of the tape can be set. In
> the case of circular and conical helices, one can also choose
> the number of ribbons.

thanks for the upload; i have installed the new package, and created an
entry in the catalogue repository.

Users may view the package's catalogue entry at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/pst-rubans.html
or browse the package's directory at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-rubans/

The catalogue entry will first appear some time overnight tonight.