Package biber updated

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Mon Mar 21 14:59:20 CET 2011

CTAN is now holding biber 0.8.4 (we "sort of" mirror from sourceforge).

Philip Kime says:
> All binaries are updated too. Everything is in the "current" branch as
> usual on SourceForge.
>
> This is bugfix release to address some LaTeX special char escaping in
> the .bbl and an internal has generation bug. No new features.

the mirroring process can't (entirely) be relied upon, so for the time
being at least, announcement messages will be generated manually, from
input from philip.

i have also updated the catalogue repository.

Users may view the package's catalogue entry at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/biber.html
or browse the package's directory at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/biblio/biber/

The catalogue entry will change (somewhat) overnight tonight.