new ctan package: prodint

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Wed Mar 30 12:27:46 CEST 2011

Richard Gill encouraged me to install on CTAN a copy of his and J C
Loredo's prodint font.  I have now done so.

from the catalogue entry i have just written:

    Product integrals are to products, as integrals are to sums.  They
    have been around for more than a hundred years, they have not
    become part of the standard toolbox, possibly because no-one
    invented the right mathematical symbol for them.  The
    authors remedied that situation by proposing the symbol and
    providing this font.

Users may view the package's catalogue entry at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/prodint.html
or browse the package's directory at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/fonts/prodint/

The catalogue entry will appear for the first time when my processing
runs overnight tonight.