pst-solarsystem

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Sun Jan 1 19:29:17 CET 2012

Herbert Voss wrote:

> I uploaded pst-solarsystem.tgz to the uk mirror. Please put
> the files into the _new_ directory
> /graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-solarsystem/
>
> pst-solarsystem (v. 0.12) is a PSTricks related package
> for drawing a solar system.
>
> the authors are Manuel Luque and Herbert Voß. The license
> is as usual LPPL
>
> pst-solarsystem plots the visible planets, projected on the plane of
> the ecliptic. As we can not represent all the planets in the real
> proportions, only Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars have the correct
> proportions of the orbits and their relative sizes are observed.
> Saturn and Jupiter are in the right direction, but not in correct size.

thanks for the upload; i have installed it and made a new entry in the
catalogue.

Users may view the package's catalogue entry at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/pst-solarsystem.html
or browse the package's directory at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-solarsystem/

The catalogue entry will first appear, on the web, overnight tonight.