break in service at cam.ctan.org

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Tue Jan 10 20:10:12 CET 2012

the archive was down for a couple of hours this morning.

we had a scheduled break of service (to replace our main power feed),
but the work took approximately twice as long as estimated.

our server room (where the ctan machine lives) has a beefy ups, but it
wasn't beefy enough for a >4-hour outage.

i regret the failure of service, but i am quite unable to control the
university's estate "management" service, whose record of successful
operation is (in my experience) rather feeble.