CTAN and the TeX Directory Structure

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Thu Jul 12 12:43:01 CEST 2012

On Mon, 28 May 2012, the CTAN team tried to explain our policy regarding uploads
in TDS format:

  https://lists.dante.de/pipermail/ctan-ann/2012-May/006327.html

It seems that this message was not sufficiently clear. Hence this addendum.

As we wrote before, the CTAN team has decided that packages on the archive shall
remain in a browsing-friendly layout.  Submissions for the main tree, that are
arranged in TDS format, will be rejected, and the submitter will receive a mail
to explain the reason for the rejection.

In parallel, CTAN offers the install/ subtree for TDS-structured ZIP files (not:
tar files). Such a file will only be accepted as an addition to an upload, not
as a replacement.

  The CTAN Team
   (What is left of it)