New on CTAN: snotez

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Tue Apr 9 08:32:05 CEST 2013

Clemens Niederberger submitted the

  snotez

package.

Summary description: sidenote support for LaTeX 2e
License type: lppl

This has just been an exercise on a lazy afternoon. Well, more or less at least.
Since there already is Andy Thomas' `sidenotes' package
(mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/sidenotes) there is probably no real need
for `snotez'. Moreover, the tufte classes
(mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/tufte-latex) as well as the memoir class
(mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/memoir) also provide corresponding
mechansims. Besides the fun I had my motivation was also based on the fact that
I didn't like some smaller things (_not_ bugs) done by the `sidenotes' package
such as inserting kerns and superscripted commas for multiple marks. I prefer to
let my `fnpct' package handle these things. Anyways, here it is and it seems to
be working as intended so I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be available to
others for use.

This package is located at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/snotez
.  More information is at
   http://www.ctan.org/pkg/snotez
(if the package is new it may take a day for that information to
appear).  We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .

Thanks for the upload.

For the CTAN Team