Notice: removal of Ghostscript from CTAN

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Tue Feb 26 16:55:05 CET 2013

the CTAN team have long maintained mirrors of third-party products, that
have some relevance for TeX and related applications.

unfortunately, we now find that many such sites have changed so that it
is very difficult to "keep up" with modifications "automatically".

an important example is ghostscript; our mirroring mechanism has failed,
and CTAN had been holding a version "several releases old".

i have therefore deleted the ghostscript sub-tree from the archive, and
modified the ghostscript catalogue entry to direct potential users to
the ghostscript home page.

our apologies for any inconvenience.