CTAN update: amiri

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Mon Jun 3 20:22:21 CEST 2013

the daemon alerted me to:

> Name of contribution: amiri
> Author's name: Khaled Hosny
> Package version: 0.106
> Location on CTAN: fonts/amiri/
> Summary description: A classical Arabic typeface, Naskh style
> License type: ofl
>

> Announcement text given by the package's contributor:
> Amiri 0.106 (2013-05-28)
> ------------------------
> * New glyphs:
>  - New, more conventional shape for gaf, the old shape can be activated with
>    “ss04” feature.
>  - Redrawn Persian digits
>  - New inverted damma, the old one moved to Urdu-specific “locl“ feature.
>  - More contextual forms for letter followed by final bari yeh.
>
> * Fixes:
>  - Add +ve kerning after alef in أثر and أثن.
>  - Cleanup some bold glyphs.
>  - Fix ring position of few U+0620 glyphs.
>  - Lower the marks above wide isolated glyphs.
>  - Rewrite subtending marks lookups to become much faster.
>  - Shorten final Alef with tatweel a bit.
>  - Bigger quotes.
>  - Increase slant angle of slanted font.
>  - Use medium sized digits with safha and number signs instead of small ones.
>  - Many smaller changes.
>
> * Latin:
>  - Remove the tooth from italic longs.
>
> * License
>  - Drop the OFL reserved font name clause; no need to rename the font when
>    modifying it anymore.
>
> * A draft user manual (Arabic only for now) is included.

> Announcement required: Yes

thanks for the upload; i've installed the new version, and updated the
catalogue repository.

i must apologise for the delay in publishing this announcement; life has
"got on top of me", especially with the massive flood of uploads prior
to the freeze of tex live.  i am only just getting back to normal...