CTAN Update: savesym

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Tue Sep 3 17:46:34 CEST 2013

Jürgen Göbel submitted an update to the

                  savesym

package.

Version number: 1.2
License type: lppl

Summary description:     There are a number of symbols (e.g.,
  \Square) that are defined by several packages.  In order to
  typeset all the variants in a document, we have to give the
  glyph a unique name.  To do that, we define \savesymbol{XXX},
  which renames a symbol from \XXX to \origXXX, and
  \restoresymbols{yyy}{XXX}, which renames \origXXX back to \XXX
  and defines a new command, \yyyXXX, which corresponds to the
  most recently loaded version of \XXX.

v1.2 2013/09/02

changed \ProvidesPackage{savesymbol} to \ProvidesPackage{savesym}
according to package name (thanks to Alvaro)

changed mail address of maintainer

This package is located at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/savesym/savesym.sty

More information is at