CTAN update: memoir

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Sat Mar 7 12:35:39 CET 2015

Lars Madsen submitted an update to the

                memoir

package.

Version number: 3.7c
License type: lppl

Summary description: Typeset fiction, non-fiction and mathematical
books.

Maintenance update. Please note that *not* all the items that has been
reported have resolved. These will be addressed when time permits.

>From the README:

-- by request from LTX3, the \textsubscript definitions now only takes
   place if \textsubscript is not already defined
-- fixed interaction between memoir and fixltx2e, we delay our
   \baselinestretch adjustment, reported by Ulrike Fisher
-- provided \@textsuperscript instead of \newcommand, then fixltx2e
   can be loaded before \documentclass, reported by Ulrike Fischer
-- fixed typo in pagestyle message, reported by Werner Grundlingh
-- fixed a few sporious	spaces
-- made changes to the article option (reported by Victor Ivrii):
   o it no longer sets \chaptername to be empty
     (no idea why it did in the first place, certainly not a good idea
     when using babel)
   o under the article option, the headings page style now correctly
     removes the term 'Chapter'
-- added a caveat about \tightlists vs. \small/\footnotesize
-- reimplemented the ell chapter style
-- various typos

This package is located at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/memoir