CTAN Update: latex-base + doc + tools + graphics

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Mon Feb 1 20:41:46 CET 2016

The LaTeX Team  submitted an update to the

     latex-base, doc, tools, and [latex-]graphics

bundles.

Version:  2016/02/01
License:  lppl1.3

Summary description:  Base sources of LaTeX

 See LaTeX News 24 for details of changes
 in this release.

The packages' Catalogue entries can be viewed at
   http://www.ctan.org/pkg/latex-base
   http://www.ctan.org/pkg/doc
   http://www.ctan.org/pkg/tools
   http://www.ctan.org/pkg/latex-graphics
[where the last one is not yet in place at the time of
 the posting of this message, see note below]

The packages' files themselves can be inspected at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/base/
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/doc/
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/tools/
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/graphics/

 Note by the CTAN team regarding names of Catalogue entries:

 In an attempt to resolve the ambiguity of "graphics package"
 (i.e. graphics.sty, described by http://www.ctan.org/pkg/graphics)
 and "graphics bundle" (containing graphics.sty as well as six
 other packages) we have undertaken to create the new Catalogue
 page http://www.ctan.org/pkg/latex-graphics for the description
 of the _bundle_.  This should hopefully make it to the website
 in a very near future.
 We are also considering renaming "doc" to "latex-doc" and
 "tools" to "latex-tools", but are still checking for possible
 side-effects.

 Please note that nothing of this will affect the actual URLs
 on the archive in any way, i.e. the "http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/..."
 URLs will all remain unchanged.

We are supported by the TeX users groups.
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Petra RĂ¼be-Pugliese