CTAN update: covington

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Thu Jul 7 17:17:06 CEST 2016

Jürgen Spitzmüller submitted an update to the

                covington

package.

Version number: 1.1 2016-07-06
License type: lppl1.3

Summary description: Linguistic support

* Version 1.1 (2016-07-06):

- The package now uses PSNFSS font commands if available (fallback for
  LaTeX 2.09 is still provided).

- Work around clash with classes/packages that define their own example
  and examples environments (most notably the beamer class) or execise
  environments. The covington package no longer blindly attempts to
  define these environments. By default, it does not define them if
  they are already defined (covington's own environments, however, are
  still available via aliases). By means of a new package option, a
  redefinition can also be forced.

- New length \twoaccsep allows for the adjustment of the distance
  between stacked accents.

- Update manual.

- New maintainer: J. Spitzmüller.

- License has been changed to LPPL (in agreement with M. Covington)

- Introduce version numbers. Arbitrarily, we start with 1.1.

This package is located at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/covington

More information is at
   http://www.ctan.org/pkg/covington

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Manfred Lotz

We are supported by the TeX user groups.
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .