New on CTAN: filecontentsdef

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Thu Sep 22 07:42:25 CEST 2016

Jean-François Burnol submitted the

                filecontentsdef

package.

Version number: 1.2 2016-09-19
License type: lppl1.3

Summary description: filecontents + macro + verbatim

This lightweight LaTeX2e package provides two environments called
`filecontentsdef` and `filecontentshere`. They are derived from the
LaTeX `filecontents` environment as extended by Scott Pakin's
[filecontents] [1] package. In addition to the file creation they
either store the (verbatim) contents in a macro (`filecontentsdef`)
or typeset them (verbatim) on the spot (`filecontentshere`).

I developed this to display TeX code verbatim in documentation and
simultaneously produce during the LaTeX run the corresponding files
in order to embed them in the PDF as _file attachment annotations_
(via the services of Scott Pakin's further package [attachfile] [2].)

[1]: http://www.ctan.org/pkg/filecontents "filecontents package"
[2]: http://www.ctan.org/pkg/attachfile   "attachfile package"

This package is located at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/filecontentsdef

More information is at
   http://www.ctan.org/pkg/filecontentsdef

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Manfred Lotz

We are supported by the TeX user groups.
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .