New on CTAN: mcexam

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Wed May 3 22:47:06 CEST 2017

Jorre Vannieuwenhuyze submitted the

                mcexam

package.

Version number: 0.3 2017-05-02
License type: lppl1.3c

Summary description: LaTeX package for creating randomized Multiple
Choice questions>

The MCexam package is a LaTeX package that automatically randomly
permutes the order of questions and answer options in different
versions of a multiple choice exam/test. Next to the exam versions
themselves, the package also allows printing a concept version of the
exam, a key table with the correct answers or points, and a document
with solutions and explanation per exam version. The package also
allows writing an R code which processes the results of the exam and
calculates the grades.

The package was developed for large-scale randomized multiple choice
exams at my department. The functionalities of this package may
overlap with the esami package and the AMC program but there were
some special requirements at my department which are not included in
these packages. In particular the MCexam provides the following
features:
- The possible answer permutation patterns are completely flexible
and can entirely be specified by the user.
- Typesetting the answer options is completely flexible with the
MCanswers environment.
- At my university, the students have to fill in a standard one-page
answer form and unprocessed results from these forms are directly
provided to the examiner. The package writes an R code which
processes and analyses these results.
- Although this is subjective, I find the MCexam commands less dense
and more efficient.

This package is located at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/mcexam

More information is at
   http://www.ctan.org/pkg/mcexam

We are supported by the TeX User Groups.
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Ina Dau