CTAN Update: cooking-units

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Tue Oct 24 19:44:14 CEST 2017

Ben Vitecek submitted an update to the

                cooking-units

package.

Version:  1.2  2017-10-23
License:  lppl

Summary description:  Typeset and convert units for cookery books and recipes

 The new version 1.20 includes several important changes:

 -- The package 'translator' is being replaced by 'translations'.

 -- This package now supports the usage of "phrases"
    (the replacement of certain integers by words)
    (which I think are called "counting measures" in English,
    but I am not sure and went with "phrases") which can be
    activated by the option "use-phrases".

 -- If no translation is found for \cutext and \Cutext they
    are automatically replaced by \cunum.

 -- A former version of this package introduced its own label & ref
    system and allowed the main commands of this package to accept
    labels via arrow brackets. This wasn't the best idea as it fails
    if the arrow brackets are made active (by e.g. "babel" and option
    "spanish").
    This version tries to fix it and as such the token "<" is not
    allowed to be used as a "special-sign" anymore.

 Minor changes (new options, units, etc.) are listed in the section
 "Change History".

The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at
   https://ctan.org/pkg/cooking-units

The package’s files themselves can be inspected at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/cooking-units/

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Petra Rübe-Pugliese