CTAN update: latex2e-help-texinfo

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Wed Jul 4 22:04:11 CEST 2018

Jim Hefferon submitted an update to the

                latex2e-help-texinfo

package.

Version number: 2018-07-03
License type: pd

Summary description: Unofficial reference manual covering LaTeX2e

We have updated the unofficial LaTeX2e reference manual.

There are many changes in this version.  We have gone through the two
documents latex-info and latex2e-reference and made sure that this
document contains all the information about user-level commands that
those documents contain.  There have also been other changes,
including switching to a single unified index, a more uniform entry
format, and many more examples and error messages.  There are a number
of entirely new entries such as ones on \strut, caligraphic math
fonts, \boldmath, and blackboard bold.  There have also been
adjustments to the organization such as having separate sections for
\part, \chapter, etc., and some combinations such as that of
\clearpage and \cleardoublepage.

In addition, there were many bug fixes, including greatly shrinking
the size of one of the graphics.

The English version and the French version track closely, although
they are separate projects on CTAN.  The Spanish version needs
a maintainer.

Suggestions, bug reports, all discussion and contributions are welcome.
The package home page (with links to mailing lists, formatted versions,
etc.) is https://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/software/latexrefman/.

This package is located at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/info/latex2e-help-texinfo

More information is at
   http://www.ctan.org/pkg/latex2e-help-texinfo

We are supported by the TeX User Groups.
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Ina Dau