CTAN Update: pkgcheck

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Mon Apr 1 18:09:47 CEST 2019

Manfred Lotz submitted an update to the

                pkgcheck

package.

Version:  1.6.0 2019-03-29
License:  apache2 mit

Summary description:  CTAN package checker

 2019-03-09 (1.3.0)
    - improved checking of URLs in README files
    - recompile with newest http library
    - ignoring .tfm files when checking for duplicates
    - now checking for UTF BOMs:
      If a README file contains a BOM we issue an error message,
      if other files contain BOMs we issue a warning message.

 2019-03-11 (1.4.0)
    - recognizing generated files in a .dtx file when they are
      included using a filecontents resp. filecontents* environment.

 2019-03-14 (1.5.0)
    - a README can be a symlink which will now be detected properly
    - if a symlink points to a file object outside of the package
      directory tree error message e0030 will be issued

 2019-03-29 (1.6.0)
    - new error message e0031 when a filename contains invalid
      UTF-8 characters

The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at
   https://ctan.org/pkg/pkgcheck

The package’s files themselves can be inspected at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/support/pkgcheck/

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Petra Rübe-Pugliese