CTAN update: modes

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Fri Jan 31 06:35:18 CET 2020

Karl Berry submitted an update to the

                modes

package.

Version number: 4.1
License type: pd

Summary description: A collection of Metafont mode_def's

This update to modes.mf (the first since 2008) contains no new modes.
What it does contain is a new macro (mode_include_extra_info) to make
it convenient to enabled the inclusion of the so-called Xerox-world
info, notably the coding scheme, from the command line. (This is not
done by default per request from Don Knuth.) Soon, the mktextfm script
distributed with TeX Live will look for an environment variable
MF_MODE_EXTRA_INFO, and if set to something non-empty, call it.

I also made some minor updates and fixes to the documentation, and
included a pdf of the modes.mf file (made with mft) in the
distribution. Feel free to send me any questions or comments (or new
modes), or we use tex-fonts at math.utah.edu for a general discussion list.

The only web page is on CTAN: https://ctan.org/pkg/modes

This package is located at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/modes

More information is at
   https://www.ctan.org/pkg/modes

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Manfred Lotz

CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups.
Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs .