CTAN update: OpTeX

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Wed Feb 10 16:34:46 CET 2021

Petr Olšák submitted an update to the

                OpTeX

package.

Version number: 1.00
License type: pd

Summary description: LuaTeX format based on Plain TeX and OPmac

OpTeX 1.00 released.

I published OpTeX for the first time a year ago.
Intensive developmnet took place during that time.
I collected many reports from users and implemented new features.
Thanks for all that reports.

Now, OpTeX has reached a stable state, in my opinion.
I wish to offer users the certainty of the immutability of basic principles of OpTeX
so that they can create their macros. This is time to release version 1.00 of OpTeX and
to remove the word "beta" from the name of the version.

I plan to continue fixing bugs but I will be very careful not to violate basic features
on which users can build their macros. Before I add eventually a new feature,
I will think about the change in detail with regard to this principle.

Enjoy!

Last changes before version 1.00:

* The OMLS (OpTeX Markup Language Standard) was developed. It helps to create
  convertors from/to OpTeX documents and similar applications.
* \pdfunidef re-imeplemted.
* \thisoutline introduced.
* Bugs fixing.

This package is located at