CTAN update: memoir

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Wed Mar 24 13:16:21 CET 2021

Lars Madsen submitted an update to the

                memoir

package.

Version number: 3.7o 2021-03-23
License type: lppl1.3

Summary description: Typeset fiction, non-fiction and mathematical books

Changed (2021/03/23)

o memoir v3.7o

-- \footref will be added to the kernel, so we now "provide" it instead
-- as of late 2020 the caption package will now adjust it self to the
   class. It will even map several of the caption styling macros the
   class provides onto the the corresponding setup in the caption
   package. Special thanks to Axel Sommerfeldt for this
   feature. Therefore we no longer reset in preparation for caption.
-- The mparhack package is no longer marked as emulated as we did not
   emulate the fix for the bug regarding \if at firstcolumn. If a document
   specifies as twocolumn, we automatically load mparhack
-- some internal cleanup and added some recommended alternatives

This package is located at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/memoir

More information is at
   https://www.ctan.org/pkg/memoir