CTAN update: xintsession

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Tue Nov 2 20:15:13 CET 2021

Jean-François Burnol submitted an update to the

                xintsession

package.

Version number: 0.4alpha 2021-11-01
License type: lppl1.3c

Summary description: Interactive computing sessions (fractions, floating points, polynomials)

Add &ROOTS interface to under-the-hood usage of the polexpr
facilities allowing to get all real roots of the given polynomial
to arbitrary precision (and all rational roots exactly).

Dubbed "alpha" simply because I hesitate about the names &ROOTS
and &REFINEROOTS, and whether to have a variant which does not
automatically look exactly for the rational roots, or a variant to
refine only one given root.  Also because I added the interface
rather quickly (all of the hard work having been already done at
the polexpr level).

This package is located at
   https://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/plain/contrib/xintsession

More information is at
   https://www.ctan.org/pkg/xintsession

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Manfred Lotz

CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups.
Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs .