New on CTAN: Xput

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Tue Dec 20 20:37:44 CET 2022

Friedemann Bartels submitted the

                    Xput

package.

Version:  1.0.1 2022-12-19
License:  lppl1.3c

Summary description:  Declarative Desktop Publishing with LaTeX

 After two years in development, I am very happy to finally release
 Xput 1.0.1.  What started with some SVG templates and shell scripts
 to create my own photo books, ended up in the Xput class.
 The class provides a collection of macros that wrap the macro ‘put’
 to offer a more desktop-publishing-like experience.
 With Xput you can create single- and double-sided documents, create
 pages with margins, safety margins and bleed, use templates, align
 text and graphics in a grid, wrap text across multiple pages and use
 before pages.
 Generic templates, automatic grid layout and a simple and consistent
 user interface make it easier than ever to create graphic-rich documents
 with LaTeX.

The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at
   https://ctan.org/pkg/xput

The package’s files themselves can be inspected at
   https://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/xput/

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Petra Rübe-Pugliese