CTAN update: pkgcheck

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Fri May 27 13:06:13 CEST 2022

Manfred Lotz submitted an update to the

                   pkgcheck

package.

Version:  3.0.0 2022-05-26
License:  apache2 mit

Summary description:  CTAN package checker

 ### Added
   - fatal messages Fnnnn go to stderr instead of stdout
   - add generation of shell completion support for various shells,
     which are bash, elvish, fish, powershell, zsh
   - now a config file can be specified
     - currently only exceptions can be specified when checking
       the paths of files in the TDS archive
   - new messages F0008, F0009 and F0010 regarding reading config file
   - new message I0008 to tell which config file is used
   - new messages I0009, W0009 giving more information about config file
     usage (only if --verbose is given)
   - enhance documentation

 ### Changed
   - (devel) reformatting source code
   - (devel) using clap with derive feature instead of structopt-derive
   - reorganized this changelog
   - in w0002 output remove empty line at end
   - don't complain if filename contains `@` , `=`, or `:` characters. These
     characters are not recommended to be used but there could be a necessity.

The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at
   https://ctan.org/pkg/pkgcheck

The package’s files themselves can be inspected at
   https://mirrors.ctan.org/support/pkgcheck/

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Petra Rübe-Pugliese