CTAN update: colorframed

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Fri Sep 30 20:41:36 CEST 2022

Jean-François Burnol submitted an update to the

                colorframed

package.

Version number: 0.9b 2022-10-01
License type: lppl1.3c

Summary description: Fix color problems with the package “framed”

Initial release restored in passing the titled-frame environment of framed.sty
from a breakage induced some years ago by an upstream LaTeX change.  But due to
an oversight the (restored) layout was not exactly the same as the original.
This is fixed here.

Also, as further problems emerged with this environment after I had started
experimenting with it, a need for some alternative macros appeared, and they
have been added to the package with no change to original.

In the initial announcement it was said the package would be enriched at some
point by an environment based on pict2e-based boxes.  Since then, I have become
aware of package longfbox which provides precisely such boxes.  How this could
or should or would interact with the present package is not clear at this time.
Besides I feel now that if I do any such thing, it should be in yet another
package.

So development should now be quiet.  Issue reports and feature requests are
welcome at the repo site.

This package is located at
   https://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/colorframed

More information is at