CTAN submission -- ps2eps 1.39

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Wed Sep 11 09:13:20 CEST 2002

----- Forwarded message from Roland Bless -----
- I just uploaded an updated version of the ps2eps tool
  to ftp.dante.de. It's all in the subdir /incoming/ps2eps.

- You can replace the existing version in "support/ps2eps"

- The program is licensed under gpl.

Due to necessary changes for Windows XP please announce the update
as follows to CTAN-ANN.

ps2eps v1.39 in CTAN:support/ps2eps
-----------------------------------
ps2eps is a tool to produce Encapsulated PostScript Files (EPS/EPSF)
from usual one-paged Postscript documents. It calculates correct
Bounding Boxes for those EPS files and filters some special postscript
command sequences that can produce errorneous results on printers.

You need:
 - perl (an interpreter for the perl language, see http://www.perl.com)
 - ghostscript (an interpreter/raster image processor
                for the PostScript language,
                see http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/)
 - maybe an ANSI-C compiler if you don't use Linux, Solaris, Digital Unix,
   HP-UX or Windows 9x/NT/2000.
- The program is licensed under gpl.

Important changes since version 1.35:
- This is an update that allows also to convert postscript
  files created under Windows XP (or PScript.dll 5.2) to eps.
  I found that the original postscript output drew white boxes
  that erased portions of the text above the bounding box of the
  embedded image, although the .eps image was clipped by
  \includegraphics*! ps2eps fixes this.
- Added filter for Star/Openoffice 5.2
- Added "/setpagedevice {pop} def" to prolog in order to fix
  problems with pdf creation, pstricks and nested dvips output
  (thanks to Hans Fredrik Nordhaug <hansfn at mi.uib.no> for
  suggesting this addition)
- Improved processing of binary files with beginimage endimage
----- End forwarded message -----

Thanks for the submission.  I installed it as suggested replacing the old
version in CTAN:/tex-archive/support/ps2eps/

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team