New package on CTAN: hebclass

Jim Hefferon ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Wed Sep 11 15:18:36 CEST 2002

A new package has been installed on tug.ctan.org.  It should make its way
to a mirror near you in the next day or two.

Thanks for the upload,
Jim Hefferon
ftpmaint at tug.ctan.org

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor.

Name of contribution: hebclass
Author's name: Tzafrir Cohen
Suggested location on CTAN: language/hebrew/hebtex
Summary description: classes for Hebrew documents
License type: lppl

Announcement text given by the contribution's author:
hebclass 0.1: an initial release

hebclass is a package of Hebrew LaTeX classes for some documents. I
generally intend them to be used as a basis for modifications. For that
reason I avoided the use of docstrip: keeping the source and comments in
one file makes hacking easier.

I tested them with recent version of heblatex from http://ivritex.sf.net/ .
Specifically, they use \hebalef rather than \alef, and thus will not work
with heblatex 2.0c from babel. I hope to commit that version to babel
soon .