CTAN package update: europecv

CTAN Announcements ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Mon Jan 23 20:52:56 CET 2006

A package has been updated at tug.ctan.org and should soon make its way
to your favorite mirror.

Thank you again,
Jim Hefferon

The following information was provided by the package's contributor.

Name of contribution: europecv
Author's name: Nicola Vitacolonna
Location on CTAN: /macros/latex/contrib/europecv
Summary description: Unofficial class for European curricula vitae
License type: lppl

Announcement text given by the package's contributor:
This class is an unofficial LaTeX implementation of the standard model for
curricula vitae (the Europass CV ) as recommended by the European
Commission. Nonetheless, the class is flexible enough to be used for any
kind of cv.

This is a BETA version: I expect people pointing out mistakes, providing CV
templates, suggest other encodings, and help me finish translating the
following languages: Catalan, Maltese, Romanian.

WHAT'S NEW

* Added localizations for Bulgarian, Czech, Estonian, Greek, Hungarian,
Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian. All the
offical languages of the EU are now supported (plus Catalan).
* Improved existing localizations.
* Added option 'totpages' for printing the total number of pages, conforming
to the standard model.
* Added option 'utf8' to select UTF-8 Unicode input encoding (available for all
languages)
* Added option 'koi8-r' to select Cyrillic encoding (Bulgarian)
* Item marks of itemize environment redefined to agree with the standard
model (thanks to Roman Bertle)

See this package at
  http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/europecv
.  You may get a better network connection by using a CTAN mirror
near to you; see http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/README.mirrors .
Our service is supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .