CTAN Update: memoir

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Fri Sep 11 14:16:31 CEST 2020

Lars Madsen submitted an update to the

                memoir

package.

Version:  3.7m 2020-09-10
License:  lppl1.3

Summary description:  Typeset fiction, non-fiction and mathematical books

 In preparation for the LaTeX format/kernel update (2020/10/01) several
 class hook features have been changed to use these new features, see
 the manuals for lthooks, ltfilehook, ltshipout for details on these
 new hooks.

 Thus from the 2020/10/01 LaTeX forward onwards we have the changes
 below. Until 2020/10/01 the new format can be tested via
 e.g. pdflatex-dev

 -- trimmarks are now added via the shipout/background hook, and is
    labeled memoir/trimmarks

    See the ltshipout manual for more details.

 -- \AtBeginFile{filename}{code} and \AtEndFile{filename}{code} are now
    implemented via the file/before/filename and
    file/after/filename hooks.

    **Breaking change:** In the old implementation of
    \AtBegin/EndFile{file}: if file is a `.tex` file, then one could use
    \AtEndFile{test}{code} to add code at the end of inputting
    `test.tex`. Now you will have to use \AtEndFile{test.tex}{code}.

    See the manual for ltfilehook for more details.

 -- \AtBeginPackage{name}{code}, \AtEndPackage{name}{code} and
    \RequireAtEndPackage{name}{code} are now implemented via the
    package/before/name and package/after/name hooks.

 -- \AtBeginClass{name}{code}, \AtEndClass{name}{code} and
    \RequireAtEndClass{name}{code} are implemented via
    class/before/name and class/after/name

 -- the redefinition of \trimmarks inside the definition of \quarkmarks
    have been removed

 -- Whenever the caption package is loaded, memoir will reset it self
    so the caption package can take over. We issue some information to
    the user at this point. In this update we have changed this
    information from a class warning to a class info as the warning
    confused a lot of users.

The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at
   https://ctan.org/pkg/memoir

The package’s files themselves can be inspected at
   http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/memoir/

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Petra Rübe-Pugliese